About Me

I just graduated from NC State with a degree in Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management. When people asked me what I was going to do when I graduated, I said "My goal is to go 12 months without paying rent." This trip will account for at least 8 of those months. I will end up getting a masters from State but or now I am going to HAVE FUN!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas on Kho Phangan

So, I have not really had any bad things happen to me yet on my trip. Well, not until Christmas. This is an email that I sent out, but I had no space bar. I am not going to type it again, so here is what I did for Christmas.

I.went.back.to.koh.tao....where.i.was.diving......then.to.koh.phangan.
for.the"full.moon.party."
this.is.a.HUGE.world.famous.beach.partyrave.that.draws.about.
60,000.people....
i.met.cam.and.nate.there.and.had.about.5.friends.that.i.was.supposed.
to.meet.at.the.party
nice.to.have.friends.on.christmas.. .

the.full.moon.party.was.crazy...way.to.many.drugs.and.idiots.there....
i.saw.a.guy.who.had.been.stabbed.....i.think.he.died......so.many.girls.
were.wasted.out.of.
their.minds.that.cam..ended.up.going.around.handing.out.water.and.
keeping.girls.from.passing.
out.and.getting.raped.....we.were.separated.at.this.point.but.i.did.the.
same.thing.for.a.few.girls.who.
were.unconcious.and.left.for.dead.on.the.beach.

i.decided.pretty.quickly.that.i.was.not.going.to.drink.to.much.because.
it.would.not.have.been.safe
i.took.off.my.sandals.the.good.ones.that.i.got.just.for.this.trip)..to.go.
do.a.giant.jump.rope.on.the.
beach.and.it.took.about.30.seconds.for.them.to.get.stolen......
i.searched.peoples.feet.and.found.the.guy.who.took.them.and.got.in.
a.bit.of.a.fight.with.him.
but.his.friends.jumped.in.and.by.the.time.i.was.done.defending.
myself.the.guy.had.run.off.with.my.
sandals.and.along.with.some.advice.from.chris.i.decided.it.wasn't.
worth.my.safety......

so.the.sandals.combined.with.the.feeling.that.we.were.all.going.
straight.to.hell.for.being.at.a.
place.like.that.kind.of.ruined.my.christmas.eve .but.the.sunrise.
on.the.beach.was.amazing.

we.took.an.early.boat.back.to.koh.tao.where.we.had.christmas.
dinner.together.
the.party.was.a.bad.idea.and.i.regret.leaving.the.place.where.i.was.
climbing.but it.was.cool.to.spend.christmas.with.cam.and.nate.and.
they.were.happy.to.see.me.

christmas.day.and.night.on.koh.tao.were.really.cool....
they.make.these.mini.hot.air.balloons.with.white.cloth.and.fire.and.
release.them.into.the.sky.
so.it.looks.like.there.are.bunches.of.orange.stars.that.are.floating.
around.in.the.sky.over.the.
ocean....really.pretty....

now.that.i.think.about.it.having.my.sandals.stolen.is.probably.the.
worst.thing.that.has.
happened.to.me.so.i.guess.that.means.my.trip.has.been.pretty.
successful.and.safe.so.far!!
people.are.trying.to.get.me.to.go.back.to.koh.phangan.for.the.new.
years.party.
but.i.will.never.go.to.that.place.again.for.the.first.time.in.my.life.
i.was.in.a.place.that.
was.too.crazy.for.me

No comments: