About Me

I just graduated from NC State with a degree in Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management. When people asked me what I was going to do when I graduated, I said "My goal is to go 12 months without paying rent." This trip will account for at least 8 of those months. I will end up getting a masters from State but or now I am going to HAVE FUN!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Real Stories

A lot of the postings are from emails that got sent out to random people over the past few weeks. They don't get to read this blog so here are some things that did not make it into the emails.

ALSO, I am trying to upload photos to the photobucket.com website that is on the southisland post down below but it may be awhile until I can get them up. Anyways, be sure to check them out when I do get them up because they are great.

The Email:

If you are my cousin or family member or something of the sort, there is a reason why you get these emails and your parents don't!!

Bangkok never sleeps, and neither did I! I was getting delusional on day three and thought I had malaria or something before I realized that you need the same amount of sleep in Thailand as you do in the rest of the world.

Thai women are beautiful but hard to approach. However, 42 year old Dutch women are much easier to talk to ;).

Diving really was amazing, but the bars and parties in Koh Tao are some of the best places on earth to "chill." Drugs are a huge no no in Thailand, and you can spend time in jail for a joint. However, they are sold at the bar for 100 baht.

The Red Bull here has speed in it, the whiskey has something in it, and a "bucket" has both Red Bull AND whiskey in it!

Diving is a wonderful cure for a hangover, as long as you eat a good breakfast and you can handle the boat ride.

It was in my plans to go to Burma, but what really happened was that I drank too many buckets with some friends and decided to get on a boat with them. I woke up and realized that I was about to go to Burma, so it worked out perfectly.

There is always risk involved in climbing (or any sport) and in Thailand they don't anchor into anything when they belay, and there are no helmets. Helmet or no helmet, there were a few times today that I was one sweaty hand slip away from going splat. This is normal for climbing and I climbed within my limits...so no splat. I saw one guy (without a helmet) get nailed in the head by a falling cellphone from some dumb ass tourist. He had to get stitched up, and could have been killed.

No comments: